Thursday, September 3, 2009

New Blog

Hi All. Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. Since last time I blogged, I wanted to let you all know that I was able to land a position with Kaiser Permanente in Modesto, CA. I'm so stoked about the position! It's fun.... but most of all, the people I work with are fantastic! I truly am blessed to have found such a great company to work for. My position is a Project Manager for the Leadership Development Team in the HR department. Just to give you an idea of what it's like: I work on the 4th floor of the hospital. My temporary desk/cubicle is situated right in the middle of the administration area. So, when people enter the back office area after getting past the front desk, the first thing they see is the back of my head. I'm going to be moving my office to a quieter location soon. But it's fun being in the middle of the hussle and bussle. Just today, the nurses from Occupational Health came over to give us all flu shots. Corwin Harper, the director of the hospital, was yelling when he got stuck (probably acting), but it was funny nonetheless. So now that I've bored y'all with my overview of my new job, it's time to post some pictures of the kids having some fun.

The first set are pictures of Bubba Doo's 1st birthday party. We had Victoria's, Yan's and Michelle's families over for a rubber ducky pool party! It was so HOT, but so FUN!


Birthday Cake Mess


Isaac loving the fun.



Swimming Diapers for Everyone!

Violet and Sienna joining in.

What a great birthday present: a box of 100 rubber ducks.
Will He Eat The Cake?







He will now:






Opening Bday Presents After the Swim.


Check out the 49ers Jersy Auntie Victoria and Uncle Tommy Got:



Every Birthday must include Ring Pops.


Well, that's it for Bubba Doo's party.

Here are some shots from Noa's Scout Camp this past Summer:


I couldn't resist ...


Noa doing his skit. Wish I could remember what it was about.

Noa is on the left. He's trying not to act like it's 105 degrees out.

Here are some pictures of when Uncle Nikisoni came from New Zealand. Him and Toa left for NZ at the beginning of July. We miss Toa bunches!! These particular pictures were a couple weeks before they left. We spent the morning at the Oakland Temple Visitor's Center, then went straight to the Alameda Shoreline Beach which was nice. We drove through the bay bridge into SF, then back on the Golden Gate. It was a fun day.





...And a couple more mug shots to round off my senseless chattering on my neverending blog ...






...and Siope will kill me for posting this:

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Great update! I'm glad you're having fun at the new job.

Anonymous said...

Yay, Laura--so glad to see you back at your blog!!!

I can't believe how tall Finlea and Noah have gotten! And with those curls and those eyes, Bubba Doo is sure to become the world's most spoiled baby, I'm sure (at least, *I* could never say "no" to a face like that, LOL!)

Congrats on the new job, too, I'm super-excited for you!

Beth's Blue Blog said...

You guys look great and your kids are so cute! i love the golden gate bridge with fog in teh background- it's so romantic or something!